Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How I get to work

From The Crawfords in AZ Blog Photos

I currently have a parking pass that is good for my first two weeks at ASU. This pass is only good in certain areas, for me I need to park on the back side of Sun Devil Stadium and the Wells Fargo Arena. It is a plain surface lot and according to the signs, it will be closed for special events.

As I walk around the stadiums and one of the buttes of Tempe Butte that the stadium is built into, I also pass by the ASU Desert Arboretum Park. I noticed both yesterday morning and this morning that there were ducks in the little pond they maintain. I hope this helps to dispel the myth that the desert lack animals and vegetation.

Anyway, it is about a fifteen minute walk from where I park to my office. When I combine that with the ten to twenty minute drive (it all depends on traffic), I am seeing that the decision to bike to and from work is going to be a good idea. As soon as I get my Sun Card, I am going to investigate getting a membership to the Student Recreation Center so I can have a place to change, etc. after biking to work.

Until then, I am taking advantage of the fact that I am driving and taking stuff to “decorate” my office a little bit at a time. Today one of the things I took was the picture of the girls as ball kids that I printed out before I headed west. Now what should I take tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment