Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 1 as a Sun Devil

Finally, I consider myself employed again. I did not feel like I was on a vacation or anything like that for two reasons: 1) I was not returning to the same workplace/employer and 2) I was not getting paid during this time period.

Today was mainly a day of sitting in a classroom and learning about ASU, its policies, and of course employee benefits. It was a bit frustrating to see that the paperwork had not been fully processed yet. This meant that I could not get my bus pass, university ID card, and computer account. However, most people in the orientation were in the same boat I was in, so at least I had company. I am not worried, I know it will all get sorted out this week. I was also not surprised. I did just come from across country and there are a couple of things that has to be done in person.

I really like the vision that the University President has set. I feel very comfortable here and I am really excited to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment