Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Brick Walls



"Brick walls are there for a reason. They let us prove how badly we want things." -- Randy Pausch’s The Last Lecture

I have not posted for a while because of some brick walls that Dawn and I have been dealing with. We can not go into details about it right now, but I do promise to give full details when I can.

In the meantime, Dawn and I have had a great time being together here. Not long after Dawn arrived, she had the opportunity to see the full fury of a monsoon storm. These storms can move in quickly and then stop right on top of you. Some of the recent ones have generated 60+ MPH winds and two to three inches of rain. In fact, the Superstition Highway was shut down by one that dropped two inches of rain in a few hours. So far, the monsoon storms that hid during the week have been kind enough to wait until I have finished biking home in the evenings.

Work is going well and the projects I am working on are moving along. On July 1, my group was moved from the University Technology Office to ASU Online and Extended Campus. We are now part of a group with a clear priority that matches what we do - build and deliver online degree programs. The move is a good one and we do not have to move our offices either.

Dawn and I are bringing the girls out here on August 1 and we are looking forward to having them here.

Today’s pictures is of the sound wall that separates College Avenue from US 60 (a.k.a. the Superstition Highway). I get to see this piece of art everyday as I bike to and from work.

BTW, if you have not yet seen Randy Pausch’s Last Lecture, I recommend you take the 76 minutes and watch it and get the book by the same title.

And another thing, if you have had problems with my web site lately, it might have had something to do with Apple’s transition from .Mac to MobileMe. Hopefully everything works now.

No comments:

Post a Comment